Bryan Springmeyer was born and raised in Silicon Valley. He remained in the South Bay until moving to Los Angeles to attend UCLA, where he studied mass communications and sociology. Bryan returned to the Bay Area to attend law school at UC Berkeley (Boalt Hall).
Prior to practicing law, Bryan designed and programmed several web applications for timekeeping, billing, accounting, and document creation for law firms. He continues to develop applications to enhance the services offered to the firm's clientele.
In his emerging business practice, Mr. Springmeyer serves as outside counsel to startup and emerging growth businesses, as well as individual founders, advising on matters ranging from formation to exit including venture capital financing, debt financing, employment, executive compensation and intellectual property. He also represents angel investors and micro-VCs in their investments in companies.
Since starting the firm in 2010, Bryan has worked with over 200 startups and investors on numerous entity formations, more than 100 angel and venture capital financings ranging from $50,000 to over $10 million, and acquisitions by Google and other tech companies.
Bryan has been a mentor and supervising attorney for the UC Berkeley New Business Counseling Practicum, a clinical course offering for graduate UC Berkeley Law (Boalt) and Business (Haas) students, since 2012. He has assisted with matters including stock option plan implementation, formation planning, and early stage finance. He has presented on Capitalizing Startups, Search Engine Optimization, and Starting a Transactional Law Practice. Additionally, Bryan serves as an executive mentor in Project ReMADE, a program run by Stanford graduate law and business students, which counsels ex-offender entrepreneurs.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Holomni in its aquisition by Google (NY Times article)
- Represented target (software) in cross-borders acquisition by Fortune 100 company
- Kite.io in its acquisition by Quixey (TechCrunch Article)
- GET IT Mobile in acquisition of Kinetic Minds
- Represented startup company issuer in $1.5 million preferred stock pre-Series A
- Advised founder in $12+ million Series A and related reorganization
- Advised investor in $10 million Series A
- Represented multiple web/mobile app startups in seed round convertible note financings
- Advised multiple investors in various convertible note rounds
- Represented lead investor in syndicated film investment transaction
- Advised issuer in $2 million convertible note sale
- Represented clean energy/tech startup in convertible note seed round
- Advised founder in $10 million Series A
- Advised founder in $15 million Series C
- Advised investor in Preferred Stock seed round financing of tech startup
- Advised founder in $1.75 million Series A financing
- Advised company in $400,000 seed round financing
- Formation of micro-cap venture capital fund
- Formation of film investment fund
- Formation of multiple web and tech companies, advising on and executing vesting stock grants for co-founders, IP assignments, employment contracts and employee compensation plans.
- Represented and advised multiple startups in end-user and enterprise level licensing and SaaS agreements